Iberia is firmly committed to achieving the decarbonisation of air transport and to this end is implementing a whole range of initiatives in all its areas of operation. One of these is the renewal of Iberia Airport Services’ fleet of mobile equipment.
Over the last year we have strengthened our collaboration with the most important manufacturers of ground equipment in our sector (COBUS, ITW, TLD, GUINAULT, CHARLATTE and JBT) to lead tests with electrical equipment from different families (GPU, pushback, gardener, electric tractor, platform) at airports such as Palma de Mallorca, Malaga, Barcelona and Madrid.
The incorporation of this equipment into our fleet means qualitative and quantitative improvements both for climate change and for the user of this equipment.
- Emissions, noise and vibrations are reduced to zero, thus achieving a cleaner airport environment.
- They are user-friendly and well accepted by users.
- They are safer due to their advanced technology.
- Their preventive and corrective maintenance is more economical in the long term.
- They have lithium batteries in many cases, which improves their energy efficiency.
We have also renewed the Management System certified by the ISO 14.001:2015 standard, which demonstrates our commitment to reducing the environmental impact, also of our handling activity. These initiatives are part of the company’s Sustainability Plan, which cuts across all areas. At Iberia Airport Services we work every day to reduce CO2 emissions together with manufacturers, suppliers and institutions such as AENA and to seek optimal solutions that maximise the level of operation we offer our customers, without forgetting the environment.